Hello tennis and pickle ball enthusiasts!! I’m sure you all were as excited as I was to learn that we can return to the courts!
CKE is putting a combination lock on the gate so you’ll need to pay an access fee of $30/adult to get the code to use the court. Other communities charge more to access their courts, but we’ve decided to keep the fee low so the courts are accessible to all families. If you’re in a position to pay a bit more, we’d be most appreciative but there’s absolutely no pressure of course.
Pay Tennis Court Access Fee Here
We were scheduled to have our courts resurfaced this spring/summer but I’m sad to report it doesn’t look we can pull it off this year. A group of us have been fundraising tirelessly for the last two years including the submission of 4 grant applications. The city had approved a grant to cover 75% of the total cost ($189K) which was a huge win for us but because of lost revenue to our community due to COVID restrictions, we fall a bit short of our target.
Group lessons (this may change later in the summer) can’t be offered at this time but coach Jelena will be offering private tennis lessons:
$50/hour for one person
$60/hour for 2-6 people (from same household).
If these costs are prohibitive to you, please contact me.
Please contact her directly to arrange:
Jelena Tomasovic from Advantage Tennis Academy
Payments to be made via email transfer to CKETENNIS@gmail.com.
Safer use of tennis courts (from the City of Calgary site)
- If you have any symptoms (fever, cough, fatigue, etc), stay home and isolate.
- Wash your hands before and after using the tennis courts.
- Keep your distance, stay away from others. Leave at least 2 metres of space between players at all times.
- If the tennis court is crowded, head to another court.
- Each player should bring differently coloured tennis balls to the court. Only pick up/touch your own colours; don’t touch your opponent’s colours.
- At the end of your match, collect your own coloured balls and wash your hands.
- Don’t shake hands after the match.