VERY exciting news! TOMKO Sports Systems will be starting the resurfacing project in AUGUST. The courts will be out of commission for 4-6 weeks!
We are so grateful for all of you generous community members who donated to this project.
It’s not too late to donate to this project as a few items are still needed!
Kindly make donations directly online to Parks Foundation Calgary.
Please contact Lindsey at CKEtennis@gmail.com if you have any questions.
CKE is putting a combination lock on the gate so you’ll need to pay an access fee of $30/adult to get the code to use the court. Other communities charge more to access their courts, but we’ve decided to keep the fee low so the courts are accessible to all families. If you’re in a position to pay a bit more, we’d be most appreciative but there’s absolutely no pressure of course.
Group lessons (this may change later in the summer) can’t be offered at this time but coach Jelena will be offering private tennis lessons:
$50/hour for one person
$60/hour for 2-6 people (from same household).
Please contact her directly to arrange: Jelena Tomasovic
Advantage Tennis Academy 403.969.5003
Payments to be made via email transfer to CKETENNIS@gmail.com.
Safer use of tennis courts (from the City of Calgary site)
- If you have any symptoms (fever, cough, fatigue, etc), stay home and isolate.
- Wash your hands before and after using the tennis courts.
- Keep your distance, stay away from others. Leave at least 2 metres of space between players at all times.
- If the tennis court is crowded, head to another court.
- Each player should bring differently coloured tennis balls to the court. Only pick up/touch your own colours; don’t touch your opponent’s colours.
- At the end of your match, collect your own coloured balls and wash your hands.
- Don’t shake hands after the match.