The Chinook Park – Kelvin Grove – Eagle Ridge Community Association (CKE CA) Community Centre Coordinator plays a key role in the success and oversight of the building operations, tenant relations, programs, services and administration. The direct report for the Community Centre Coordinator will be the Vice President of the Board but all job activities, and performance, are overseen by the complete CKE CA Board.
This position is initially a part-time contract that may develop into a full-time role depending on hall programming and can be a job-share opportunity for the right candidates.
- Positively represent the CKE CA mission, values and services with members, neighbours, the City of Calgary, tenants, businesses and affiliated community associations
- Regular updates to the Board through monthly reports and regular communication with the Vice President
- Main contact between the Board of Directors and community members
- Liaise with local businesses to create and foster strategic alliances and sponsorship opportunities
- Participate on committees as requested
- Ensure all user groups have access to a clean and safe environment.
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Manage scheduling for all facilities and rooms
- Answer, return, or redirect phone inquiries on a regular basis. This can take place from your home or at the hall.
- Arrange hall viewings, provide rental rates and hall capacities
- Complete the rental agreement. Obtain the security deposit and fee. Issue a receipt.
- After an event, the hall must be checked and arrangements for the security deposit refund and cleaners are to be made, if necessary
- Issue rental contracts and payments for all rentals of the hall
- Collect rent, damage deposits and fees
- Provide monthly reports to the Treasurer
- BUILDINGS & MAINTENANCE
- Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities
- Plan and manage facility central services such as security, cleaning, waste disposal and parking
- Work with tenants who provide regular programs for the CA
- Provide feedback to the Board regarding successes and challenges with regular programs held at the hall
- Work with CKE CA Clubs to ensure effective scheduling (eg. Gardening Club, Tennis Club, Seniors Club and Heritage Soccer)
- Assist the Communication Director(s) with communication tasks such as:
- Update website pages
- Update online calendar as rentals and programs are confirmed
- Suggest relevant community stories for newsletters
- Write program updates for newsletters and online channels
- Volunteer Administration – create and maintain up-to-date records of volunteers and the projects/hours they donate to the CKE CA (eg. Board members, committee members, program volunteers, casino volunteers, event volunteers)
- Review and maintain up-to-date hall rental policy
- Review and maintain required registrations (insurance, SOCAN, business license, etc.)
- Organize and/or maintain a records management system
- Advise Board on ongoing administrative issues
- Work closely with Treasurer regarding general monthly book-keeping and petty cash system.
Assets for this role would include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A team player with a variety of general business administration skills
- Someone who is self-motivated, independent, resourceful
- Experience with WordPress
- Flexible hours including possible evenings and weekends
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary & Hours: Approximately $20/hour starting at 20 hours per week. Start date is flexible for the right candidate.
Contractors are required to invoice the CKE Board on a monthly basis
**Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “job posting” in the subject line.