Register for Chinook Park Tennis Club!
Season Membership Rates
Membership fee includes instruction plus use of the court at other times when they are not being used for other Club activities such as lessons, classes or competitions.
Family: $ 175 + One time facility fee $50
Adult: $ 125 + One time facility fee $50
Junior: $ 75 + One time facility fee $50
First-time members are required to pay a facilities fee of $50 for a family or $30 for an individual. For liability purposes we also require proof-of-membership in a Calgary community association, preferably CKE, but any other will be accepted.
Purchase your CKE membership online here>>
We’re pleased to have Jelena Tomasovic, head coach from Advantage Tennis Academy, to look after all the tennis lessons. She will arrange and schedule instructors for both the junior and adult lessons.
Private and semi-private lessons can be arranged with Jelena by calling 403.969-5003. A separate fee, payable directly to the instructor will apply.
We offer group lessons from a certified tennis professional from the beginning of May until the end of August.
Group Lessons for Juniors
Group lessons for juniors (ages 17 and under) are offered Monday and Wednesday afternoons starting at 3:30 p.m.
Parents must accompany children 7 years of age and under. This year we have set 6-12 and 13-17 as the age groupings for the juniors. The instructors can recommend that some participants attend sessions outside this grouping based on ability, interest, or other factors.
Junior Program Dates
May 14 to June 30: Mon & Wed from 3:30 – 4:30 (ages 6-12) or 4:30 – 5:30 (ages 13-17)
July 6 to August 26: Mon & Wed from 3:30-4:30 (ages 6-12) or 4:30-5:30 (ages 13-17)
Adult Program Dates
May 14 to June 29: Mon & Wed from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Saturday mornings from 10:00 – 11:30 am
July 11 to August 22: Mon & Wed from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Adult Beginner Program Dates
May 16 to June 27 – Wed from 6:00 – 7:00 pm
July 11 to August 22 – Wed from 6:00 – 7:00 pm
City of Calgary insurance requirements mandate a paid membership in a Community Association.
City of Calgary requires some public access to the courts. Scheduled Club lessons and other Club events will have priority over public access. Provided there are no scheduled Club events, public access will be until 3:30 pm Monday and Wednesday.
First time members of the Tennis Club are required to pay a one-time Initiation Fee / Facilities Fee to help defray capital costs of court resurfacing, new nets and posts, and repairs.
Six Reasons to Join Your Community Tennis Club in 2018
- Because you’re among the millions of Canadians resolving to get more exercise and have more FUN in 2018.
- Because you want to be an active role model for your kids and can’t wait to spend more quality time as a family.
- Because you want to learn something new. Tennis is a sport for life, welcoming players of all ages and abilities.
- Because tennis will enhance your physical and mental health. Visit TennisCanada.com for more reasons to take up tennis!
- Join for the social opportunities! Meet your neighbours, meet some new friends, and to help foster a sense of community in your neighbourhood.
- Sign up as a family for easy access to lessons and to show your support for tennis in your community.
For more information contact: