May 23, 2019 | News
The Chinook Care Centre is undergoing an expansion which will have a minimal impact on CKE residents. The following information has been provided by the management of this project to inform Kelvin Grove residents of upcoming developments.
Along the north side of the lane that runs behind Kenosee Place (south of the current Broker Link parking lot), there will be nine temporary parking spots added during the construction phase of this project (see diagram below). These spots are being added to accommodate the parking needs of visitors to Hospice Care.If you have inquiries about this project, please refer to the links and contact information below:
Intercare – Doug Bartlett cell# 403-605-9286; email [email protected]
Zeidler Architecture – Victor Kallos cell# 403-471-6556; email [email protected]
CLICK HERE FOR FULL INFORMATION
May 21, 2019 | News
The Chinook Park – Kelvin Grove – Eagle Ridge Community Association (CKE CA) Community Centre Coordinator plays a key role in the success and oversight of the building operations, tenant relations, programs, services and administration. The direct report for the Community Centre Coordinator will be the Vice President of the Board but all job activities, and performance, are overseen by the complete CKE CA Board.
This position is initially a part-time contract that may develop into a full-time role depending on hall programming and can be a job-share opportunity for the right candidates.
- Positively represent the CKE CA mission, values and services with members, neighbours, the City of Calgary, tenants, businesses and affiliated community associations
- Regular updates to the Board through monthly reports and regular communication with the Vice President
- Main contact between the Board of Directors and community members
- Liaise with local businesses to create and foster strategic alliances and sponsorship opportunities
- Participate on committees as requested
- Ensure all user groups have access to a clean and safe environment.
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Manage scheduling for all facilities and rooms
- Answer, return, or redirect phone inquiries on a regular basis. This can take place from your home or at the hall.
- Arrange hall viewings, provide rental rates and hall capacities
- Complete the rental agreement. Obtain the security deposit and fee. Issue a receipt.
- After an event, the hall must be checked and arrangements for the security deposit refund and cleaners are to be made, if necessary
- Issue rental contracts and payments for all rentals of the hall
- Collect rent, damage deposits and fees
- Provide monthly reports to the Treasurer
- BUILDINGS & MAINTENANCE
- Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities
- Plan and manage facility central services such as security, cleaning, waste disposal and parking
- Work with tenants who provide regular programs for the CA
- Provide feedback to the Board regarding successes and challenges with regular programs held at the hall
- Work with CKE CA Clubs to ensure effective scheduling (eg. Gardening Club, Tennis Club, Seniors Club and Heritage Soccer)
- Assist the Communication Director(s) with communication tasks such as:
- Update website pages
- Update online calendar as rentals and programs are confirmed
- Suggest relevant community stories for newsletters
- Write program updates for newsletters and online channels
- Volunteer Administration – create and maintain up-to-date records of volunteers and the projects/hours they donate to the CKE CA (eg. Board members, committee members, program volunteers, casino volunteers, event volunteers)
- Review and maintain up-to-date hall rental policy
- Review and maintain required registrations (insurance, SOCAN, business license, etc.)
- Organize and/or maintain a records management system
- Advise Board on ongoing administrative issues
- Work closely with Treasurer regarding general monthly book-keeping and petty cash system.
Assets for this role would include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A team player with a variety of general business administration skills
- Someone who is self-motivated, independent, resourceful
- Experience with WordPress
- Flexible hours including possible evenings and weekends
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary & Hours: Approximately $20/hour starting at 20 hours per week. Start date is flexible for the right candidate.
Contractors are required to invoice the CKE Board on a monthly basis
**Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “job posting” in the subject line.
May 16, 2019 | News
Thanks to everyone that came out to the AGM on May 15th. We welcomed 2 new Board members. Erin Anderson was added as the Social Director and Louise Clayholt is the new Membership Director taking over from Robin Diagle who moved into a general role.
We also want to thank two past members who decided to retire from the board after an amazing run supporting our community. Allison Brown has been on the Board for 22 years. He spent the last portion of his time focusing on the tennis program. Jackie Pontin was our longest standing member at 34 years. Jackie did an amazing job running the community centre. On behalf of the Board and entire community, we thank you both for all your time and efforts that helped make the CKE one of the best communities in the vity, and we wish you both a happy “retirement”!
As I’m sure you have heard, we’ve had some significant budget challenges with the new facility. Some cost overruns due to extra infrastructure scopes, cold weather, subsurface issues among other things. The board with help from other community members were able to create an information package to keep everyone up to date including information on donation opportunities. In the first 2 weeks of fundraising activities we reached 35% of our target, including a matching program from an Angel Donor who graciously offered to match all donations up to $100,000; what an amazing community we live in. If you would like to contribute, you can make a tax-deductible donation through the Parks Foundation. We do still need more funds to build the facility we all envision.
Thanks to everyone who was able to come for a tour of the construction site on May 4th. We had some great feedback and the excitement was infectious. Stay tuned for updates on our upcoming grand opening party this fall.
CKE CA President
Next Board Meeting: Wednesday, June 11
April 29, 2019 | News
The new Community Centre is nearing structural completion as we work towards a goal of a September 2019 opening! Over the past seven years, hard work from community volunteers, personal donations, and partner contributions have raised over $1.8million. This has resulted in the dream nearing reality; the construction of a beautiful, modern, and comfortable space designed to enrich the lives of CKE residents. Upon completion, this new venue will increase the value and appeal of our community.
However, we still have an additional $200,000 to raise to get this project over the finish line and we are asking for the support from local residents.
Over the last 2 weeks we have had tremendous support from the community with over $45,000 in donations! THANK YOU to everyone for their donations – the completion of the community centre would not be possible without each and every contribution!
In addition to the $45,000, we are so grateful to our “Angel Donor” who has offered to match any donations/grants up to $100,000! This brings our current total up to $90,000!
We thank everyone for their support, but we still have a way to go! Click the below link for more information!