July 29, 2019 | News
Thank you to 185 respondents (12% of households) who filled out the CKE community survey. To ensure we offer the best programming and services, we rely on your feedback and input!
Extremely Important Options:
- Timing for Programs – 73% evenings, 62% weekends, 43% daytime
- Fitness Programs – 65% very/somewhat important
- Child Programs – 43% extremely/very important
- Before & After School Care – 31% need
- Seniors Programs – 43% very/somewhat important
- Lifestyle/Art Programs – 70% very/somewhat important
- Space Rentals – 40% interested in renting new space
- Charitable Service Projects – 78% want to continue
- Community Memberships – 85% of respondents consistently purchase
- Short Term Volunteering – 25% responded offered NEW volunteer hours, while 40% are unable to volunteer
Highlights from special requests or new program ideas:
“PLEASE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!”
- Yoga (all ages)
- Seniors daytime fitness
- Tot-Time – playtime program for preschoolers and their caregivers
- Teen events – sports, arts, knowledge, socials
- Community charitable services projects
- Before & after school care
“COOL, NEW & CREATIVE”
- Yappy Hour (dog & neighbour time)
- Weekly jam sessions – music for all ages
- Multi-generaational programs
- Learn to cook with seniors
- kids teaching computer skills
- Knowledge nights
- Yoga (all ages)
- Seniors daytime fitness
CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL SURVEY RESULTS!
September 15, 2019 | Featured
We are so excited to celebrate the grand opening of our long awaited brand new community centre!
Be sure to join us for an afternoon of celebrations following the CKE’s Annual Clean Up and Recycle Up event in the morning!
September 15, 2019
2pm – 5pm
Bring the family and enjoy:
- BBQ and cotton candy machine
- Cash bar
- Family entertainment including 20′ super slide, toddler bouncy castle and face painting
- Community centre tours
- A chance to meet your fellow neighbours
*Ribbon cutting ceremony and speeches at 4pm
Click Here for a full update on construction, fundraising, events, programming and new CKE apparel as it results to the new community centre!
July 26, 2019 | News
We are so excited to introduce Jen Sherstabetoff as CKE’S Community Centre Coordinator!
Jen has join CKE as a part-time employee that will play a key role in the success and oversight of building operations, tenant relations, program scheduling, and community relations.
Jen was born and raised in the community of Scarborough in Calgary for most of her life then went on to build an infill in 2014 in Windsor Park with her husband, Will, and 2 sons Benjamin and Riley. Jen loves keeping herself busy and takes pride in her 4 jobs, understanding that customer service is key! On the side, Jen loves to get together with her volleyball team to smash some volleyballs over the net or get in a round at the golf course with her husband and sister. Most importantly, she enjoys watching her boys play hockey and baseball (especially on a beautiful sunny day!)
Please join us in welcoming Jen to the CKE Team!
July 7, 2019 |
Evolved Events is back with Stampede to the Runway! All proceeds go to the CKE Community!
From caftans to cowboy boots, we’re starting Stampede in style!
Kate Hewko, Sublime Couture, Apt 22, Le Lou Ula & Smithbuilt Hats
Poolside pop up shops including XO treatment room, Kate Hewko, Sublime Couture, Apt 22, Le Lou Ula, Tiffany Cuffley and Kylar Stern
Come load up your Instagram on the Nvrlnd photo booth and get your boots kickin’ with DJ Egypt!
All Inclusive Ticket Price: $125
Saturday, July 7th
11am – 2pm
7311 Kananaskis Drive SW
Since May 2019, our community has come together to raise what we needed fro the budget adjustments for the new hall capital project. The Board and project volunteers are overwhelmed by the trust, support and guidance put forward by so many neighbors! Than you for caring enough to be engaged and financially invested in the huge undertaking. You will not be disappointed and we are so excited for everyone to start enjoying our new space!
The matching Angel Donor pledge of $100,000 was matched completely and recently surpassed by additional donations. Donations are still welcomed as we try to finalize budget for items noted in the construction committee update.
Final project items are being approved with the additional funds from recent donations. It looks like we will complete most outstanding items.
Click below to see a full report on construction, fundraising, special events, programming, survey results, and brand new CKE apparel to purchase!
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL UPDATE!