May 23, 2019 | News
Each year, at our AGM, the community association recognizes an individual or group who consistently participates in making our community a great place to live.
We are lucky to live in a community with so many volunteers willing to take take roles of responsibility in our CA. It’s a lot of work and a typical tenure rarely lasts longer than 6 or 7 years. There are a couple of exceptions to that and this year we have our longest committed board members were stepping down this year. The duration and magnitude of their commitment to our CA and our community is truly remarkable and we felt it appropriate to recognize them as this years Community Builder Award Winners.
Jackie Pontin and Alison Brown
This was our 57th AGM, believe it or not, Jackie was first elected to our board at our 23rd AGM. She has served on the board for an incredible 34 years. Jackie has served most recently as our Facilities Director handling the day to day management of the hall.
Jackie and her husband Tim have lived in Chinook Park for 35 years where they raised their 3 children. After threatening to move for several years now, they have decided it’s time to downsize as they want to have more time to spend with their grandchildren and their families. We will miss them in the community and hope they will stop by the new hall regularly!
Allison Brown lives with his wife Jennifer in Kelvin grove where they also raised three children. Allison has served as Tennis Director for 22 years. During the majority of that time, the tennis program at CKE has been consistently popular and is an important part of our association. While he is stepping down from the board, Allison is not going anywhere and will continue to support our recreation director with the tennis program.
Both Jackie and Allison have of course been on the board for the duration of the new community centre project and we thought it would be fitting to recognize them in a permanent way with 2 bricks in our legacy wall commemorating their long tenure on the board.
If you see them in the community be sure to congratulate our 2019 CKE Community Builder Award winners!
July 11, 2019 |
A NOT-TO-BE-MISSED EVENT!
Presented by CKE and Peleton Racing Cycling Club, don’t miss out Doug Young’s 4th annual fundraising concert! Enjoy food, drink and the great company of your CKE neighbours, all while enjoying some amazing music!
Never heard of Wil? Check him out here!
Funds raised at this event go to Kid’s Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta’s Camp Kindle and CKE.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS!
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE! GET ‘EM EARLY.. THIS EVENT SELLS OUT FAST!
May 23, 2019 | News
The Chinook Care Centre is undergoing an expansion which will have a minimal impact on CKE residents. The following information has been provided by the management of this project to inform Kelvin Grove residents of upcoming developments.
Along the north side of the lane that runs behind Kenosee Place (south of the current Broker Link parking lot), there will be nine temporary parking spots added during the construction phase of this project (see diagram below). These spots are being added to accommodate the parking needs of visitors to Hospice Care.If you have inquiries about this project, please refer to the links and contact information below:
Intercare – Doug Bartlett cell# 403-605-9286; email [email protected]
Zeidler Architecture – Victor Kallos cell# 403-471-6556; email [email protected]
CLICK HERE FOR FULL INFORMATION
September 15, 2019 |
Let’s start fresh this fall!
Ring in fall with a house cleanse and get rid of all that extra stuff you don’t need anymore.
Residents have the opportunity to drop items off for disposal or recycling in the Henry Wise Wood parking lot where a number of vendors are set up that will help to dispose of them properly. This is the ideal opportunity to get rid of items that don’t belong or won’t fit in your household bins (ie: electronics, paint disposal, furniture, etc).
A $20 donation is appreciated.
This event takes place on September 15 from 9 – 2pm.
Stay tuned for further details.
May 21, 2019 | News
The Chinook Park – Kelvin Grove – Eagle Ridge Community Association (CKE CA) Community Centre Coordinator plays a key role in the success and oversight of the building operations, tenant relations, programs, services and administration. The direct report for the Community Centre Coordinator will be the Vice President of the Board but all job activities, and performance, are overseen by the complete CKE CA Board.
This position is initially a part-time contract that may develop into a full-time role depending on hall programming and can be a job-share opportunity for the right candidates.
- Positively represent the CKE CA mission, values and services with members, neighbours, the City of Calgary, tenants, businesses and affiliated community associations
- Regular updates to the Board through monthly reports and regular communication with the Vice President
- Main contact between the Board of Directors and community members
- Liaise with local businesses to create and foster strategic alliances and sponsorship opportunities
- Participate on committees as requested
- Ensure all user groups have access to a clean and safe environment.
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility occupants
- Manage scheduling for all facilities and rooms
- Answer, return, or redirect phone inquiries on a regular basis. This can take place from your home or at the hall.
- Arrange hall viewings, provide rental rates and hall capacities
- Complete the rental agreement. Obtain the security deposit and fee. Issue a receipt.
- After an event, the hall must be checked and arrangements for the security deposit refund and cleaners are to be made, if necessary
- Issue rental contracts and payments for all rentals of the hall
- Collect rent, damage deposits and fees
- Provide monthly reports to the Treasurer
- BUILDINGS & MAINTENANCE
- Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities
- Plan and manage facility central services such as security, cleaning, waste disposal and parking
- Work with tenants who provide regular programs for the CA
- Provide feedback to the Board regarding successes and challenges with regular programs held at the hall
- Work with CKE CA Clubs to ensure effective scheduling (eg. Gardening Club, Tennis Club, Seniors Club and Heritage Soccer)
- Assist the Communication Director(s) with communication tasks such as:
- Update website pages
- Update online calendar as rentals and programs are confirmed
- Suggest relevant community stories for newsletters
- Write program updates for newsletters and online channels
- Volunteer Administration – create and maintain up-to-date records of volunteers and the projects/hours they donate to the CKE CA (eg. Board members, committee members, program volunteers, casino volunteers, event volunteers)
- Review and maintain up-to-date hall rental policy
- Review and maintain required registrations (insurance, SOCAN, business license, etc.)
- Organize and/or maintain a records management system
- Advise Board on ongoing administrative issues
- Work closely with Treasurer regarding general monthly book-keeping and petty cash system.
Assets for this role would include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A team player with a variety of general business administration skills
- Someone who is self-motivated, independent, resourceful
- Experience with WordPress
- Flexible hours including possible evenings and weekends
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary & Hours: Approximately $20/hour starting at 20 hours per week. Start date is flexible for the right candidate.
Contractors are required to invoice the CKE Board on a monthly basis
**Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “job posting” in the subject line.