On May 14, 2016, the CKE Community Association hosted its fourth annual Wine & Whiskey event, The CKE Social. With over 200 people in attendance, it was the largest party yet. Guests enjoyed wine and whiskey tastings, great food, DJ and dancing.
“Wine & Whiskey has become a much anticipated social event in our community each year,” says Lisa Gliener, event co-chair. “It’s wonderful to see everyone coming together, having a fantastic time all while supporting our dream of building a new hall.”
“Our volunteer committee worked so hard to organize the Wine and Whiskey and we’ve enjoyed, in the months leading up to it, piecing it together,” says Lindy Dawson, event co-chair. “We would like to thank all of our volunteers and sponsors for their part in making the event so special.”
The Social brought in a total of $30,200. The rink rat maintenance crew organized the wine raffle this year and raised $10,000 for a new rink tractor. The lucky winner was Phil Johnson who took home 175 bottles of wine.
The 50/50 raffle amounted to a total of $625 half the proceeds go toward the Red Cross Fort McMurray fire relief fund, the other half to winner Gerry Robitaille.
There were also many fantastic items up for bid at the silent auction. Our sponsors generously donated the auction items and together raised $3,525.
Silent Auction Winners
- Executive Chef Dinner, Courtesy of Jerome’s Appliance Gallery – Sheila and Brian Duguid
- Room Makeover Package, Courtesy of Aubrey Reisinger – Nicola Chappell
- Gladiator Crabtree Tree and Planting, Courtesy of Prarie Outpost Garden Design – Dawn Messer
- Cedar Planter Courtesy of Branch Wood Art – Jacqueline and Drew Walcot
- Toss Cushions, Courtesy of Jacqui Loucks Interiors – Alison Pidskalny
- Art, Courtesy of Jacqui Loucks Interiors – D. Lair
The CKE Community Association thanks everyone who came to Wine & Whiskey. Click here for event photos>>
See you at next year’s party!